THE DIOCESAN CATHOLIC SCHOOL MISSION:
Together with the family, the parish, and each other,
we will FORM EACH STUDENT INTO
A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST
who seeks the Truth, grows to love It,
and learns to live It.
ST. PATRICK CATHOLIC SCHOOL MISSION:
“Catholic Education for Catholic Action”
THE CATHOLIC SCHOOL VISION
Catholic schools will assist parents in forming their children to be disciples of Jesus Christ by addressing the following critical directions:
1. Insofar as is possible, make schools available to families who are active stewards.
2. Support and communicate with parents in their role as their children’s primary educator.
3. Offer students a quality Catholic education that forms the total person and prepares them for post-secondary education and their vocation in life.
4. Involve parents in supporting higher academic standards.
5. Promote the parish as the community of the faithful that is committed by stewardship to nurture the family as the “domestic church.” Therefore, invite all parishioners to become more involved in Catholic schools.
6. Cultivate the habit of prayer, the practice of the faith, and participation in liturgical life.
7. Recruit educators who practice their faith and hold themselves to high moral and professional standards.
8. Retain and recognize outstanding teachers and principals.
9. Investigate ways to improve equity among educator’s salaries.
10. Coordinate parish and school efforts to utilize technology effectively and efficiently.
11. Maintain special services coordinator to assist schools in meeting student needs.
12. Pursue public policy that helps all parents.
13. Support a diocesan development effort for schools, especially for high schools and schools that serve the poor.
Core Values (All Schools)
1. UNITY: “That they all may be one.” (John 17:21) United as one family with our bishop, Catholic schools are at the service of the family, the parish, and the common good. Grounded in charity, we honor the dignity of every human person with respect for all life; for family and community; for peoples of all cultures, and especially for the most vulnerable. “Let no one have contempt for your youth; but set an example for those who believe, in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.” (1 Timothy 5:12)
2. FAITHFULNESS: “Remain faithful to what you have learned . . .” (2 Timothy 3:14) Loyal to the teachings of Jesus Christ as taught in our Catholic faith, we believe that the formation of disciples is our first purpose, our critical function, and our ultimate measuring stick. Trusting in God, we have a relentless passion for finding the best way to provide Catholic education, moving forward alone, if necessary. “Stir into flame the gift of God which you have.” (2 Timothy 1:6)
3. STEWARDSHIP: “Place your gifts at the service of one another.” (1 Peter 4:10) The grateful response of a Christian disciple who recognizes and receives God’s gifts and shares these gifts in love of God and neighbor. “Guard this rich trust . . .” (2 Timothy 1:14)
4. SCHOLARSHIP: “For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required.” (Luke 12:48) As disciples of Jesus, the Divine Teacher, we will infuse virtue into instruction and activity so that our students will be respectful and courageous scholars who use their knowledge and gifts for the glory of God and in service to humanity. “Be steadfast and persevering . . .” (1 Corinthians 15:58)