Getting Married at St. Pats
Congratulations on your engagement! Please contact the Parish office to schedule an initial meeting with the Pastor to set a date and begin the process of preparation nine months before the intended date.
The program of marriage preparation has seven steps:
- Fill out Pre-Nuptial Form with the priest and be introduced to the Sacrament of Marriage.
- Complete the Prepare / Enrich assessment tool to be used for formation.
- Discuss the Theology and Spirituality of Marriage with the priest.
- Participate in an Engaged Encounter Weekend.
- Attend a full course for formation in Natural Family Planning. Concerns such as age and pre-existing medical conditions can be discussed with the priest.
- Obtain a valid Marriage license from Kingman County.
- Discuss the wedding details and have a rehearsal in preparation for the Wedding ceremony itself.
- Have you or your spouse been married before? If so, a discussion concerning an annulment for all previous marriages will be included in the initial meeting with the priest. The priest will be very happy to help you with any annulment processes. All previous marriages, whether Catholic or non-Catholic, of either partner, whether Catholic or non-Catholic, will need to obtain an annulment prior to beginning the marriage preparation process.
There is some necessary documentation that you will need to provide as well:
- A recent baptismal certificate for both the man and the woman. (Simply contact the church of your baptism and they will provide you with this. If you are not baptized, no certificate will be needed.)
- The certificate of completion for your Engaged Encounter.
- The certificate of completion for you Natural Family Planning classes.
- Finally, if you have had an annulment you will need to provide the declaration for all annulments that have been obtained.